The goals of the school are:
1. To provide a safe, orderly and disciplined learning environment.
2. To provide educational experiences within the curriculum to encourage students to graduate from high school.
3. To foster positive changes in attitude and behavior.
4. To develop the student’s decision-making skills.
5. To assist local school administrators by providing additional options for handling school discipline problems.
The beliefs of New Horizon Alternative School
- All students are capable of attaining the instructional goals of New Horizon Alternative School.
- A positive self-concept can positively influence learning and behavior.
- All students are capable of learning.